Thursday, February 24, 2011

roast chicken and root veggies

Sorry for being gone so long, but things have been a little crazy. I'm doing a little catch-up here, so bear with me. :)



Here we have some breast and thigh meat from a whole chicken that I roasted, as well as a mixture of parsnips, potatoes, carrots, radishes and leeks. The stuffing on the side is my normal cheater-y boxed stuffing mix. Roasting a whole chicken always seems like such a good idea when I start, but it always ends up taking wayyyy longer than I bank on it taking and it drives me nuts. I ended up with dead-cold veggies and stuffing because they were done like 45 minutes before the chicken was. Good thing they're warm-up friendly!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, boxed stuffing is best when it's prepared at a random, non-thanksgiving time of the year.

    Where's the chicken skin. PLEASE tell me you didn't throw it away!! It's my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete