Thursday, February 24, 2011

peanut noodles with shrimp

This is a reprisal of the Thai Peanut Noodles I did a while ago. I did it exactly the same except: a) I used real udon instead of linguine, and b) I used shrimp instead of chicken.


I'd never cooked udon noodles before, so I got a little bit of education here. Udon apparently doesn't like to sit around after it's been cooked. Pasta in general doesn't like to sit around, I know, but this udon sat maybe 3 minutes and it turned into a big sticky mess. Once I got the sauce into it and started tossing it, it started to loosen up...but there was major potential for a big gummy mess there for a minute or two!

For the shrimp, I just stir-fried them for a few minutes in a mixture of soy sauce, sriracha, garlic and ginger. When they were cooked through, I tossed them in with the sauce and noodles, chopped up some peanuts and scallions roughly and added those in, then finished it off with a heavy squeeze of lime juice.

I can't get over how good this is. I could eat it like three times a week and be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment