Tuesday, February 8, 2011

kale and bean soup

I used to call this kale and kielbasa soup, but I'm trying to work more beans into our diets, so the kielbasa kind of took a back seat in this batch of soup. It's still in there, don't get me wrong...but there's also a ton of kale, a can of white beans, a can of chickpeas, carrots, celery, onion, and a big can of diced tomato along with chicken stock and some oregano and thyme.


It was a good batch. I actually didn't mean to put chickpeas in the soup - I had planned on using just white beans, but one of the cans I opened was chickpeas so I figured what the hell and dumped 'em in. They gave a nice difference in texture, but I don't think I'll put them in next time (assuming I read the cans before I open them next time...derp). I just like white beans better.

No comments:

Post a Comment