Tuesday, June 15, 2010

super quick supper: angel hair pasta with peas and bacon



Just like it says on the tin, basically. While the pasta water boiled, I cut up and cooked off the bacon, drained all but a tablespoon of the fat, then sauteed some garlic in the fat (OMG best smell EVER, just for the record), threw in two cups of frozen peas, and a cup of half and half. I let that cook down while I drained the pasta, then added the sauce to the pasta. I used a wee bit of pasta cooking water to thin the sauce as I mixed it in, then split it between the serving plates and topped with the crispy cooked bacon.

It was pretty good, though I think I'll try it with broccoli next time instead. Frozen peas always seem a little chalky to me. All in all, it was a nice quick cheap supper, though.

1 comment:

  1. omg, now i want to make spaghetti carbonara. dollar doesn't really like thick or cream-based pasta dishes but bacony, eggy, peppery spaghetti is calling to me now.

    ReplyDelete