Wednesday, January 4, 2012

stuffed pork chops

Oh hey, you're still here? Me too. Sorry about the hiatus. I'll try to do better. :)

Last night I stuffed some pork chops. With more pork. It was one of my better ideas, even if I do say so myself. I didn't get a chance to take a picture because we basically stuffed said pork into our faces as soon as it came out of the oven, but here's what happened.

I took:

4 boneless center-cut pork chops (these were NOT the double-thick ones, just regular thickness)

...and cut pockets into them, carefully, so as not to stab myself and/or cut through the chops.

Then I took:

some sliced baby portabella mushrooms
a slice of prosciutto, and
about an ounce of fresh mozzarella cheese

...and crammed it into each porkchop pocket. Hehehe...pork-pocket. I tied the chops up with some twine so that the cheesy goodness wouldn't all ooze out, then I salted and peppered them liberally. I took a heavy skillet and got it ripping hot (don't use non-stick for this, or if you do, don't get it super ripping hot with nothing in it because it will give off fumes that are Bad For You), added a little olive oil, and then seared the chops, two at a time, for two minutes per side. This two by two by two thing not only had a nice symmetry to it, but more to the point, it created a good sear on the outside of the chops.

Chops then went into a 425 degree oven for about 12 minutes. I took them out and let them rest while I steamed some asparagus, et voila - pork-stuffed pork chops of epic nomminess.

Try it. You'll thank me!

No comments:

Post a Comment