Monday, July 12, 2010

hot summer night cooking

It's been way too hot to cook inside. A friend has lent us a gas grill for a function we hosted over the weekend, so I've been using it as much as possible before it has to go back home. Tonight, it was my old favorite, turkey burgers!

I made the patties out of ground turkey, grated onion, garlic salt, paprika and a little cayenne pepper. While those were on the grill, I sliced up a couple of summer squash and put them on to steam, then made some chickpea salad out of chickpeas (duh), chopped tomato, diced red onion, and a splash each of olive oil and red wine vinegar. When the burgers were done, I quickly toasted the buns and then dosed them with barbecue sauce, sliced avocado and sliced red onion.

One of my prettier plates, if I do say so myself, and I'd happily eat this 3 nights a week...maybe 4. :)