Tuesday, March 8, 2011

pancake tuesday

My husband grew up with the tradition of having "pancakes" on Shrove Tuesday. In the UK, their pancakes are what we would consider crepes. Mark likes his with lemon juice and powdered sugar, which is how we had them last year. This year, I wanted to branch out a little, so I picked up some all-fruit blueberry preserves (I really like Polaners. No HFCS or anything crazy. Just fruit and cane juice) and some ricotta cheese. I grated some lemon zest into the ricotta and spread it onto the pancakes on top of the blueberry preserves, then folded them up and served them:


They don't look like much on the plate, but they were very yummy! Mark didn't try my ricotta creation, but he DID buck tradition and have honey on his pancakes rather than powdered sugar...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment