Monday, May 24, 2010

turkey burgers, potato wedges, cherry tomato salad


Tonight I made turkey burgers. I put in my usual grated onion, and added some chili powder. I topped them with sharp cheddar cheese. The potato wedges were made from Yukon Gold potatoes tossed in olive oil, a little garlic salt and some dried chives. The potato wedges get a little better every time I make them, which makes me happy. I've figured out that they need about 30 min @ 450 and then another 10-15 min under the broiler to really crisp up the way I like them.

The salad was sort of a riff on guacamole. I chopped up a (very) ripe avocado, some cherry tomatoes, and a little onion. I grated a clove of garlic into it, added just a little salt, and the juice of half a lime. I tossed everything together and let it get nice and cold. It turned out very well, though Mark commented that the raw garlic was a little hot for him. I thought it was a good pain, myself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment