Friday, May 14, 2010

Introduction

I suppose I ought to explain myself.

I love food. Probably too much.

I love to eat, yes...but I also love to look at food, and most of all, I love to cook. I love everything
about it: the smells, the sights, the sounds, the science of the kitchen. Cookbooks, utensils, ingredients - I collect them all. Watching people appreciate and enjoy things I've made gives me a major happy. Knowing that I'm taking basic components and turning them into something tasty excites me to no end. Yes...I love food.

So, now that we've got that out of the way, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Shelby, I'm 30 years old and I live in rural Vermont with my husband Mark, and our dog Junior. Am I a chef? No. I'm not a baker, either. I'm just an enthusiastic home practitioner, and somewhat of a mad scientist to boot. I enjoy cooking for my family, taking pictures of the food I've made, and sharing
recipes with others. I was doing this solely on Facebook for a while, but then I decided that I might as well corral all this stuff into a blog and see what happens.

Please feel free to leave comments or email me. I'm interested in peoples' input about recipes, pictures, food in general, requests for things you'd like to see me make or write about, etc.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Howdy there!
    Look at EatingWell's website for inspiration, and if you do make and photograph any of our recipes, post it on our FB page - we love to hear our reader's feedback!
    Great to see you on the cyberworld again!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel from Rav here... can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete