Saturday, March 19, 2011

rosemary balsamic chicken with sauteed kale

Pretty much what it says on the tin! This was very quick and easy - a good weeknight dinner.

I took some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and sprinkled them with some garlic powder, onion powder, and topped each of them with a sprig of rosemary. They went into a 425 degree oven for about 25 minutes. While the chicken cooked, I washed and trimmed a bunch of kale, then spun it mostly dry in the salad-spinner. In a big nonstick pan, I melted a little bit of bacon fat and sauteed half a chopped onion in it. When the onion was slightly softened, I added the kale and covered the pan. I let it cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until the kale was bright green and softened. The chicken got a dousing of balsamic vinegar for the last 5 minutes of cooking, then we were ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment