Monday, January 24, 2011

chicken asparagus linguine


This smelled good, looked good, and the idea of it seemed good...but it was really bland. I took chicken breast tenders and cooked them in some olive oil, white wine, and garlic. I added the asparagus, turned the heat down and covered the pan so that the asparagus would steam. When the asparagus was bright green, I took it and the chicken out of the pan and tossed it with some ricotta cheese and cooked linguine. It's not even that it tasted BAD...it was just bland, bland, bland. I'm not sure what I was aiming for, but I didn't hit the mark.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps omit the cheese next time, and make the sauce more garlicky, like scampi? And add the juice of one lemon? Of course, the changes the entire meal to a lemon-garlic pasta dish... Maybe a generous amount of ground pepper might have brought this around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it had a fair amount of black pepper in it to begin with. I think maybe I had a lighter version of an alfredo in my head, but not the necessary ingredients to get there, but I forged ahead anyway...hah! Oh, well. It was certainly edible.

    ReplyDelete