Saturday, December 11, 2010

thai peanut noodles with chicken




So. Yummy!

I made a sauce of peanut butter, soy sauce, a little honey, garlic, grated fresh ginger, Sriracha (I only used a teaspoon of it because Mark can't eat really hot stuff), and chicken stock. I let it thicken a little while I cooked some linguine noodles (I couldn't find udon) in salted water. My husband insists on meat in most dinners, so I very thinly sliced some chicken breast and stir-fried it in some canola oil quickly. I drained the noodles, then tossed them with the sauce and chicken, and topped them with chopped peanuts, cilantro, green onions, and lime wedges. We squeezed the lime over the noodles and mixed it all up before eating it. It was really quick, very tasty, and relatively healthy. And, more importantly, it was something very different from what we usually have. I'll definitely make this again, especially now that I have the Sriracha hanging around in the fridge.

4 comments:

  1. I made this last night, using your ingredient list as a guide. It was really tasty! I had no green onions, sadly, but I did throw in some zucchini to up the vegetable quotient, and I added some toasted sesame oil to the peanut sauce. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you liked it. :)

    Just out of curiousity, I don't recognize your screen-name...did you find me via Ravelry, Facebook, or...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Jessica. I couldn't figure out how to get it to accept any other sign in name. ;-) Ooh, I also added a few drops of fish sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-HA! :)

    Fish sauce scares me a little, but like so many things in life, I should probably get over being scared of it and just give it a go.

    ReplyDelete