Monday, November 22, 2010

stuffed chicken breast



Sorry the picture is blurry...doesn't seem to be quite enough light in the kitchen to make the macro function on my camera happy and I'm generally too impatient to set up a lighting rig when there's a plate of dinner sitting there waiting for me...;)

Anyway! Tonight I made stuffed chicken breasts, buttermilk mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. The chicken was very easy: I rinsed 4 chicken breast halves and cut a pocket in each one, being careful not to cut all the way through. I stuffed the pockets with a couple tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, a tablespoon of minced red onion, a tablespoon each of fresh thyme and fresh parsley, and a quarter of a cup of finely chopped cremini mushrooms. I sprinkled the top of the chicken with some plain bread crumbs and baked them at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes.

The mashed potatoes were made with 4 medium russet potatoes that I cooked and then mashed with buttermilk (I didn't measure, but if pressed, I'd guess around half a cup), a little salt and black pepper, and a tablespoon of butter. I really like potatoes mashed with buttermilk - they taste like they have sour cream in them, but not quite as unhealthy. Well, before I added the butter in anyway...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment