Friday, January 28, 2011

chicken fajitas

After last night's stir-fry, I had some chicken thighs and quite a lot of bell pepper I needed to use up. Fajitas sounded like a good plan!


I made a quick marinade for the chicken with some ground cumin, ground coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, a little salt and some cornstarch mixed with some olive oil and water. While the chicken sat in the marinade, I sliced an onion and the bell pepper (I had red, yellow and green) into strips. I heated some olive oil in a pan and stir-fried the veggies until they were crisp-tender, then removed then to a bowl. I dumped the chicken and all the marinade into the hot pan and cooked it, stirring occasionally, until the chicken was cooked through and the sauce was thickened somewhat. I served the chicken and veggies on warm whole wheat tortillas with salsa, shredded colby-jack cheese, some plain yogurt (instead of sour cream), and a nice squeeze of lime juice. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment